Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Built For The Nineties #1

Image hosting by Photobucket

  • The Artifacts - The Ultimate (video)

  • Hard 2 Obtain - L.I. Groove (video)

  • Ultramagnetic MC's - One Two, One Two (live video)

  • The Wascals - Classclown (video)

  • A new section dedicated to classic or hard to find videos from the 1990's. First up is 'The Ultimate' by The Artifacts from 1997. This video got mad airplay on MTV back in the day, I remember getting tickets to see them live in Bristol at Club I.Q. only for them not to turn up on the night! Dizzam, make sure you check the album this track is drawn from ('That's Them') as it features the seminal posse cut 'Collaboration Of Mics' with Claw D fav's Lord Finesse and Lord Jamar weighing in alongside Tame One and El Da Sensei.

    We then have from 1993 'L.I. Groove' - an underground smash from Hard 2 Obtain. I was put onto this track by my main man President Pete back in the day, only to lose my recording of it for 12 years until PP hooked me back up last summer. I've gone on to discover their fantastic lp 'Izm & Blues' and suggest you do the same.

    From the same era with have 'One Two, One Two' courtesy of the Ultramagnetic MC's. Kool Keith really shines on this track with his double-word rhyme concept. This was the last official single from Ultra's 3rd studio lp - 'The Four Horsemen'. Word on the street is that a re-union may be on the cards this year, so keep checking back for more info as and when we get it.

    Finally we have 'Classclown' from The Wascals. I have to be honest and report that I know very little about this crew. I'm sure they appeared on the flip to a Masta Ace 12", as well as putting out a few singles of their own. I also understand that an album might have been recorded but never got past the promo stage. Hit me up on the comment box if you know anymore???

    Peace out,

    Claw D


    Comments:
    do have KWAME - the rythm? that would be hot ,....thnkx for the nice videos peaaceee...
     
    soz, itz not in the vault at present. i'll keep a look out for it. kore's got some kwame shizzle on his old skool blog, but possibly not the rythm...

    peas
     
    wascals released 2 or 3 12"s. The Dips and Class Clown....and possibly another one called Dream b/w Imaginate. Their album was never properly completed. Buc 50 aka Buckwheed from the band was on a couple of tracks from Pharcydes first album, and put out the album "Rethuglican" last year, which is pretty good.

    peace
     
    Hey Claw,
    Nice stuff as always...
    I do have the Kwame - The Rhythm..
    Look for it under the request section of my blog.
    Anyone who needs the URL go under the links on claw's blog under kore 321.

    Peace!
     
    Post a Comment



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?